Sunday, July 7, 2013
It is my goal to start doing Thankfuls WAY more frequently. I miss the weekly reminder to take joy in the big and little things so that is my challenge for myself, at least until the boys arrive.
1. I'm thankful for an awesome 4th of July with family and friends. I love that they all love our kids (ours were the only two littles) and no one seemed to care if they got jumped on, had their food stolen or were otherwised asked to be entertainment.
2. I'm thankful that my girls are wearing superhero capes and want to rescue people! And that they are pretending to be Super Readers. :)
3. I'm thankful for strong kicks from the boys. Calms my heart to know they seem to be doing well!
4. I'm thankful that Hubs and I take time to go on dates and talk. I'm so blessed.
5. I'm thankful that He does make all things new.
6. I am thankful for planning, excitement and dreaming big.
7. I am thankful for naps!
8. I am thankful for cuddling my kiddos.
9. I am thankful for great sleepers (for the most part!)
10. I am thankful for goals.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Hey all! 26 weeks! Less than 100 days until due date! That is counting to 40 weeks but I'm still kind of
So far so good - no new news! Here is a 3D picture of baby A at 24 weeks.
|Sideways - cheek is lowest white part...you can see nose, mouth, eyes.|
|He was feeling much less photogenic.|
The girls have been doing well. They are starting to make me nervous...ok, Abi is starting to make me nervous. MY MOMMY comes out of her mouth a lot so I don't know how she is going to handle all this...but it is what it is and there's no going back now! I think she'll do ok when the boys are here but I'm praying God would give us all calm. Grace is a smartypants. She finished her first "school" workbook and asks me when we'll get a new one. :) We are not going to do "formal" school until next year but it's fun to work with her on some concepts. Hopefully we can get Abi involved too - that'd give them both some mom time I think they could use.
My Hubs is awesome. Yesterday he helped set up church, played drums, preached a sermon, tore down, hung out while I napped (the girls were asleep too), informed me we were going on a road trip, took us all to explore and fish, came home and cooked dinner. He spoils me :)
I'm good. I feel like I'm continuing to slow down which frustrates me, but it is just a season. I am trying to use some of this time to figure out schedules and life and what I want our world to look like. I feel like I have such a long way to go in the mom/homemaker areas and I'm thankful that my family is awesome. We'll see how things go but I hope to continue to do better and better! (Pray for me if you think of it!).
I'm super pumped for 4th of July and hoping it doesn't rain and isn't too hot. We'll see! :)