Thursday, February 21, 2013
This week I'm thankful for...
1. A little more "normal". Last week was a flurry of appointments and craziness. I'm ok with that but I'm also good with things being more relaxed!
2. Teamwork. My Hubs is awesome. I had a hankering for Chicken Cordon Bleu (which sounds impressive but is relatively simple to make). I have NO problem doing prep work so I got the chicken ready to go then I went to work. When I got home dinner was cooked and ready to put on the table. He.Is.My.Hero.
3. Pre-prep. On Monday I browned a ton of ground beef and made a pot of chili. I used the other half to pre-prep shepherd's pie for today. I also prepped the chicken for that night. Today I just had to mix ingredients and I was ready to go for dinner tonight.
4. Crepes. I LOVE "That Crepe Place" at the Greene, but I made a batter to make at home today and fill with bananas and chocolate. (Or ham and cheese for my Hubs who is not a fan of sweets)
5. I made two loaves of bread today and four and a half jars of strawberry-kiwi jelly. Good in theory but we are giving one of the loaves to my parents because they rock and the girls and I ate half of the other loaf for a snack.
(Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a food trend here?!?)
6. Hart of Dixie. Ok, so I found this on Netflix...um, yes? I may be a bit addicted and MAY have watched 5 episodes in the past couple of days. Apparently there are only 16 episodes available so I'm going to TRY to space them out...but. If anyone has any good Netflix suggestions let me know!
7. Sleep. I've taken a couple naps this week and it's been delightful.
8. My best friend is coming back to town sooooooon! This shall remain on the list until I get to see her!
9. I am thankful for my parents babysitting. I love that Hubs and I get regular date nights and time to hang out.
10. A calm and joyful heart.
Friday, February 15, 2013
I am so so thankful this week. I can't even begin to describe it. This has been a long, hard week in a lot of respects between youth ministry stuff and just some different situations but I'm so thankful.
1. I am thankful for my Husband. I could dedicate this entire page to him but I am so thankful that he cooks for me (and listens to random comments about food that sounds good and makes THAT!), I"m thankful he puts our family first ALWAYS, I'm thankful that he makes me feel treasured, I am thankful that he puts up with my crazy and I am so thankful that he picked me. :)
2. I am thankful for some productive Dr appointments this week. Abi is sick again but at least we know now it is just a bad cold and not something that settled into her lungs. Will keep trying to get her fixed up.
3. I am SO thankful for my friends who just jump to rally around me. I would not trade this group of people that I do life with for anything.
4. I am thankful I got to talk to my best bud who is far far away. They finally had working phones so I got to chat with her for a bit AND she'll be home for a visit soon!
5. I am thankful that my parents live close by and are letting my girlies spend the night there tonight. This momma could use a good night's sleep.
6. I am thankful for a reduced work schedule and flexibility.
7. I am thankful for our new church location. It has been more 'work' but has been going great and I'm just pumped. Last week's music was stellar! (And the drummer was awesome!)
8. I am thankful for people who say 'if you need anything just ask' and absolutely mean it.
9. I am thankful for getting to hang out with my friend's kiddos. She and her hubs have 5 AWESOME kids and it was great to give them a night out.
10. Speaking of, I am thankful that on Tuesday when I posted "bread pudding and trail mix sound really good right now" my friend had BOTH for me at her house on Tuesday night when I watched her kids. Now that is love.
11. I am so thankful for the girls in the picture at the top. Those are our graduating princess girls and they are so amazing!
Friday, February 8, 2013
|Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking|
Five Minute Friday: Bare
i have never had truly bare cupboards. empty shelves mocking me. a fridge void of milk, cheese and other 'essentials'. i have never known what it is like to have to skip a meal or worse not be able to feed my children. i have never had to make the tough choice between eggs or milk with money only for one.
i hardly ever remember that this is such a privilege. i almost never think about the people who don't have these luxuries. my world is so completely insulated sometimes that i forget about people who face these harsh realities of life. it saddens me that i am so blind to these things sometimes.
i may not have all of my wants, but i certainly have every single one of my needs met and so much more.
Thankful this week for...
1. Preschool - how much fun this has been! I love when my kiddo wakes up and says "I want to do more school!"
2. Strawberry/chocolate/caramel/peanut butter smoothies. My stomach doesn't love a ton of stuff right now so this is nice.
3. Gilmore Girls. Can't wait till Grace is old enough.
4. Daddy taking the girlies outside to play!
5. Figuring out my new work schedule.
7. Princess Day on Sunday! I get to take some amazing girls out to a wonderful dinner - so excited!
8. Our new church building. It's going to be a lot of work moving stuff in and out every week but hopefully it'll work well. Grace does NOT like the new building because she tripped and smacked her head HARD last week but hopefully she'll get over that :)
9. Abi's clean bill of health. Finally. She had a cold, double ear infection, allergy to penicillin and I think that was it. Doing better now.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
|First day of preschool! 2/4/13|
This has been a fun week. I've gotten a lot baked, celebrated with people, started preschool with my kiddo and a whole lot more! It's been a blast! I've also had to spend some time figuring out some hard stuff and that's ok too. I am so pleased to have a husband who gives me time and space to figure out whats rolling around in my head.
First day of preschool included a "treasure hunt" for school supplies. She also got her very own chore list that day which is why she is still in PJs in the picture. Getting dressed was on her chore list and we hadn't gotten there yet! This week we are doing "X marks the spot" focusing on the letter X. It also cracks me up that on her own Grace switches from calling me Mom/Mommy to Teacher while she is doing "school time". So funny.
|With her treasure hunt school supplies!|
Day two included a hunt for rectangles wit her binoculars.
And we are working on the fine art of keeping the one year old busy for a short period of time. This will probably take practice :)
Sunday, February 3, 2013
January was a CRAZY month. It was a rather emotional month starting with January 1st when we announced the Attic would be closing at the end of the month. That of course started a flurry of activity of bands wanting to book their last show as well as kind and not so kind messages from a variety of people. Lets just say the nice ones made me cry and the not so nice ones made me very frustrated.
This past week we finished cleaning out the building and this morning we held our church services for the first time in the new location. All went well and I am thankful God continues to be at work and is not confined by buildings.
All these changes of course mean a lot of impact for me. We are still working out my schedule but since I now have some more time we are going to be starting preschool at home tomorrow. Yes, I do have a reason for starting now and not waiting till the fall...we'll talk about that later.
Hopefully this will mean more blog posts, more meaningful blog posts and I am contemplating a change in blog location but that will depend on if I actually share the link with people or simply continue to write for myself and a few close friends. We shall see.