Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday Top Ten #89


This week I'm thankful for...

1. A little more "normal".  Last week was a flurry of appointments and craziness.  I'm ok with that but I'm also good with things being more relaxed!

2. Teamwork.  My Hubs is awesome.  I had a hankering for Chicken Cordon Bleu (which sounds impressive but is relatively simple to make).  I have NO problem doing prep work so I got the chicken ready to go then I went to work.  When I got home dinner was cooked and ready to put on the table.  He.Is.My.Hero.

3. Pre-prep.  On Monday I browned a ton of ground beef and made a pot of chili.  I used the other half to pre-prep shepherd's pie for today.  I also prepped the chicken for that night. Today I just had to mix ingredients and I was ready to go for dinner tonight.

4. Crepes.  I LOVE "That Crepe Place" at the Greene, but I made a batter to make at home today and fill with bananas and chocolate.  (Or ham and cheese for my Hubs who is not a fan of sweets)

5. I made two loaves of bread today and four and a half jars of strawberry-kiwi jelly.  Good in theory but we are giving one of the loaves to my parents because they rock and the girls and I ate half of the other loaf for a snack.

(Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a food trend here?!?)

6. Hart of Dixie.  Ok, so I found this on Netflix...um, yes?  I may be a bit addicted and MAY have watched 5 episodes in the past couple of days.  Apparently there are only 16 episodes available so I'm going to TRY to space them out...but.  If anyone has any good Netflix suggestions let me know!

7. Sleep.  I've taken a couple naps this week and it's been delightful.

8. My best friend is coming back to town sooooooon!  This shall remain on the list until I get to see her!

9. I am thankful for my parents babysitting.  I love that Hubs and I get regular date nights and time to hang out. 

10. A calm and joyful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment