I have recently decided I'm too busy not to write - it calms me down and helps me focus. I think that looking back I'll be frustrated with the big gaps of life that I'm not documenting - and not that anyone besides my family will ever want to look at it, but I like the idea of having some sort of record to look back on when the kids are bigger.
Thankfuls for the week...
1. I am thankful for some awesome conversations with my big kids and getting to think about the deep God things. I also love that they are old enough that our Bible studies are really a give and take and not just me teaching. Love them!
|Experiencing God....Elmo...Experiencing God|
2. I am thankful for some tweaks to the schedule to allow more of the girls to complete the Princess Program. I'm thankful they were open to the changes!
3. I am thankful for our new pool. It is about three feet deep and 12 feet wide and will be a BLAST for the girls this summer. We took them out yesterday but it was a little too chilly and it didn't go super well. Ah well.
4. I am thankful for my husband getting up with the kids...at 7 am...and cleaning up puke twice before I ever got out of bed. I told him next time to feel free to wake me up.
5. I am thankful for kids that handle sick surprisingly well. We hung out and watched movies today. I got a TON done it seemed like and it was just a calm, slow day.
6. I am thankful for parents that are so awesome about "hey, wanna hang out" "sure, when's good?" texts. I love spending time with them!
7. I am thankful for two of my little sisters in law coming over to hang out with us the other day!
|Abi, Aunt Hannah (2), Grace, Aunt Gabby (4)|
8. I am thankful for my husband speaking words of wisdom into my life. I love conversations with him that build me up. I appreciate his patience with me and the balance we offer each other.
9. I am thankful for the crazy amount of work I've gotten done this week even though it has been stressful.
10. I am thankful for a renewed awareness of the Lord. I am kind of (ok, not really) participating in a "Hello Mornings Challenge" where the idea is to get up FOR your kids and family, not WITH your kids and family...so get up a bit earlier to spend time in the Word, exercise and plan. I am not doing well at this (mainly because I despise mornings and my children are unpredictable) but it HAS made me more aware of my quiet times and my plans. I like that!