|Wet, rainy and cold - but she still wanted to be outside.|
1. I am thankful for my kids giggling themselves to sleep.
2. I am thankful for late night chats by the fire pit.
3. I am thankful for date nights, free babysitting, and driving a 2012 Mercedes on our dates :)
4. I am thankful for Grace imitating my terrible singing.
5. I am thankful for the random "I love you mom"s that make the rest of the day seem better.
6. I am thankful for some amazing women I have in my life. I don't think I could do this mom thing without them.
7. I am thankful for play dates! And a friend who is willing to pack up her five kids (including month old twins) so we can spend some time together.
8. I am thankful for summer and outdoor play and the swing set that is ordered!
9. I am thankful for the reminders to slow down.
10. I am thankful for my grandparents. How cool it is to learn from them.
I feel like this week I have been crazy busy, rather stressed and somewhat emotional (does that sound like PMS to anyone else?!? Hmmmm). I think though that instead of living in that state I need to embrace that this is what life is now. Life right now is cheerios all over my floor, bottles that need washed, toys everywhere and laundry that constantly needs to be rotated. But at the end of the day, WHO CARES? It's a beautiful thing to be the one that is needed to fix a boo-boo. Or to be the only one that can comfort a baby and make her stop crying. Or the one who gets to be called mom. I love it. My heart needs what I can learn from them.
Favorite Quotes of the Week (from Grace)
G - Mom? You tired?
Me - Yeah, baby, I'm tired. We've played hard today!
G - You go upstairs to bed and take nap.
Me - Grace, I think I've lost my marbles.
G - Marbles? You lost marbles? I find them! MARBLES, where you?
Me - Gracie Bug, what's that baby's name? (her doll)
G - I don't know!
Me - Well, what names do you like?
G - Hmmmm, GRACIE!
G - Mommy is best friend. Abi is best friend. Stephanie is best friend. Josh is best friend.
(the later at the park Josh came over and told us he gave goldfish crackers to his best friend, Grace)