Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sometimes Slower is Better

It is 11:26pm and my copy machine is running, my printer is printing and my brain is begging to be turned off.  It's been a long day.  My kids didn't sleep well last night, didn't nap well today and well, the saying should go when kiddos ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. 

I have a job that requires my time and attention.  I love this job and would like to keep it :)  BUT sometimes, sometimes getting it all done requires me to walk away from my computer/phone/copy machine and give that two year old the attention she so desperately wants from me.  That HAS to be ok.  I guard my moments pretty fiercely.  I'm not a huge fan of interruptions or the idea of missing nap times (read: work time for mom).  BUT I was reminded today while I enjoyed the sunshine at the park with a dear friend who I desperately needed to catch up with - sometimes that loose hold creates the environment for it all to come together rather than me trying to force a square peg in a round hole ALL.DAY.LONG.

At the end of the day.  Holding my baby and kissing boo-boos is so fleeting and so temporary that I know down the road I will regret not holding on tighter to those moments.  My kid knows she is loved, but I want to have the peace at the end of the day that although I may have failed in my quest for perfect parenting, I know that I showed love to my little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment