Friday, May 4, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Real

Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
Five Minute Friday: REAL

Go.

real scares me.  real is all the things i am when i'm not pretending.  real is who i am when i'm all alone.  real is who i am when i let my insecurities and weaknesses hang out.  i don't always like the real me. 

sometimes i think it is hard to be completely real with other people. i don't want to be weak.  i don't want to complain about people in my life.  i don't want to taint others views of what is going on around me.  at the same time, i don't want to hide behind a life that i am portraying - that is exhausting.

life is hard work.  relationships are hard work. even the good things are hard work and have rough times.  i guess being real is being ok with sharing those times - even when it isn't pretty.

i love that i have friends that are completely transparent with me.  when they share their struggles it makes me feel like i am not alone.  i wonder if i could inspire others if i would just be real? i also wonder where the line is between ok to share and completely private - i don't know.  maybe in another 27 years i'll figure it out. 

real life is made to be shared.

Stop.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, you can do it!

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/05/real-five-minute-friday.html

    ReplyDelete