Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 Minute Friday - Laundry

Laundry

Go.

Laundry is one of those things that makes me crazy. I'm all for clean clothes but doing laundry always seems like such effort - and it seems like the last load always needs to be put away at midnight.

I try to focus on the positives. We have clean clothes in overwhelming number. We have working machines to make it easier to tackle this beast. Yet I'm often left complaining.

The only time laundry doesn't get the better of me is when I think of it, like so many other chores, as a ministry to my family and not just another task to be done. Similarly to picking out clothes and choosing things they will like, I am restocking them with favorites and memories and that really ought to be enough.

The laundry beast will never be tamed but the stubbornness inside of me that does not want to allow this to be service is slowly being tempered.

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment