Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm not Ragu.

I don't know why, I think that is funny! (Ok, obvious to me but if I'm not Ragu...I'm Prego...) Since only two people read this so far (and I'm perfectly ok with that for the time being - don't really want to "go public" until I figure out WHAT I really want to get out of this) I figured I'd share a little about the pregnancy.

On Tuesday night I bought a pregnancy test - thinking I'd taking in Christmas morning and maybe have an extra present :)  But Wendesday I was sitting at my desk thinking about how incredibly strange it was that I had started taking prenatal vitamins again out of the blue and also that alcohol seemed disgusting to me.  So I thought why not.  Typically if I take a pregnancy test I stare at it until I am absolutely sure it is done changing...this time I took it, set it on the counter and went back to work.  Then a few minutes later I went back to check...imagine my surprise when I saw the two lines.  So then I took three more tests that day :)  All positive.

So far we've told some family and close friends.  I think given that I've had a miscarriage and my friend recently had one that is definitely on our minds...but I also know that we serve an awesome God and His will will be done.  I have no control over that.  So instead of living in fear I'm choosing to live in faith.  He has this baby in his hands and I am not going to worry about it.  I have my first doctor's appointment on January 12th and I am anxious to go and hopefully hear the heartbeat at that point - but either way, I'm sure that God is in control.

I have felt great so far - a little more nausea today then I've had so far - and call me crazy but right now I'm thankful for my body telling me everything is going well.  :) 

Three Things I'm Thankful For:
1) My amazing family and friends and all their encouragement
2) A nationally recognized holiday to set aside time to share with each other....
3) And YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment