Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Banquet Day!

Today was Christmas Banquet day at church!  Oh, what fun!  I am so thankful for my church family that has such fun participating in this kind of stuff.  Lots of people brought food, we had all kinds of crazy activities for the kids that one of the ladies organized, music by some of the kids - I love that everyone just comes together to get it done!  And I was also impressed by how quickly it all gets cleaned up...no complaining or grumbling about dishes or sweeping - no harsh words or pointed fingers about who is doing what...just everyone doing what they see needs to be done until it was all cleaned up.  And of course, it doesn't get much better than when I went out to my car and saw that one of the guys had cleaned the snow off ALL the cars that were still in the parking lot! 

This got me to thinking about my daughter.  I hope that I am able to teach her hospitality.  I would love for her to grow up to be one of those kids that loves to help, that sees something that needs to be done so she just does it...and I want to be that mom that is ready at a moments notice for her friends to come over (because lets face it, I'd rather her want to spend her time here with her friends then always be somewhere else), I want her to know that it is always ok to call her mom because I won't judge (and of course that doesn't mean we won't punish as necessary) - we'll just solve the problem.  Ahh, lofty aspirations and I know some days I'll fail, but I pray that I live up to that.

I'm thankful for these quiet moments in my house where Grace is happily playing, the house is on it's way to being clean and all seems right with the world.  I know I still have emails to answer, paperwork to finish and more house to clean...but right now, in this moment my heart is filled with friends, family and joy :) 

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: