Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I should be cleaning...

I feel spent.  Worn out.  Done.  I'm fine, don't get me wrong.  I got enough sleep, my daughter is amazing, my husband is loving but I am just at that point where I'm mentally tired.  Which is why I am not cleaning.  It shouldn't be a taxing thing, to figure out where that box of cake mix actually goes, but I just can't do it right now.  I don't care.  The cake mix can sit on the top of the refrigerator until I decide to make the thing (which is probably a bad example because that would end up sooner rather than later I'd guess).  Ugh.  I really wish I could pack up my entire house in boxes (except maybe the baby's room) and start over again.  This time I'd invite my mom over to help, she's a whiz.  In all my life, in every house I can remember EVERYTHING had a place.  If I wanted batteries, I knew which drawer...toilet paper was stocked and in the same spot...and there was a well organized pantry.  I really should call my mom and thank her.  :)

Today was good.  I had a staff meeting this afternoon and we started with "what is God saying to you" rather than "whats on your list".  I think it's important to remember its a ministry first and a job second.  It was a nice change of pace - I feel like it set the tone for the meeting.  And then instead of coming home tired like I usually do I banged out two fairly large projects in a rather small amount of time!  Ahh, joy. 

We got our pictures done!  I need to post them all on here - but I haven't done that yet :)  They turned out ok - I don't know if I'm just picky about pictures but I don't love them.  There is one of Grace that is awesome, but that's about it.  Ah well.  One of these days I'll find a studio I love.  :) 

We are starting another round of Princesses here in a couple weeks.  It should be pretty interesting.  The book we're doing is more about sex and makes me blush but hopefully it'll have information that is good for these girls - and I do think it is appropriate for the entire group.  I think we have 6 girls right now.  I like it.

Alrighty, I think I am going to tackle my office tonight because I'm sick of being in here with it crazy.  I have this wacky idea that if I just manage to straighten it all up I'll be much more productive.  I'm not sure how true that is, but I suppose it's worth a shot.  Although really, the idea of cleaning it is once again overwhelming and makes me really not excited.  Maybe I'll find an online game to play instead :)

Miss ya girl!

1 comment:

  1. I like the picture. I didn't know you got one done...would have taken one for you! Next time. Please send me one for my refridge in GA

    ReplyDelete