Friday, April 27, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Community

Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking

Five Minute Friday: Community

Go.

i often write about and think about what life should look like.  if we all really were on board with living our faith in a tangible way in front of other people.  and by 'we all' i really mean me.  community is a big part of life - my church community, my family community.  these are the people i live life with.  these are the people i borrow and loan things with because with these people, i don't have to hold on too tightly.  to my things or to myself.  they know me.

my community is moms.  my community is believers.  my community is teenagers.  my community is sometimes messy and sometimes too barren.  i don't really believe community is a balance because it seems like something that has to be constant, not compartmentalized.

im not good at it all the time.  i do not gain energy from being around large groups, especially of people i don't know.  i like to spend time with groups to build community, i love to spend time with my friends.  but then i need to come home and recharge and refocus before i can again go out and -hopefully- remove the focus from myself and focus on my community.

Stop.

1 comment:

  1. Constant, not compartmentalized - I like that. I need to keep that perspective in mind.

    ReplyDelete