Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #86

It has been a crazy week and frankly as I sit here and try to come up with 10 things to put on my list they either sound silly (like today I am very thankful for toothpaste, wonderful invention) or they are too hard to explain.

Right now I am thankful for peace.  Not because I have all the answers or because I know how life is going to go.  But peace because I know WHOSE I am and I know how it turns out.  Getting there may be a battle, but I know what the end looks like.  There is something amazingly reassuring in that.  I am thankful that my husband knows how to speak wisdom and peace to me like no one I've ever met.  I'm thankful that I am recognizing some things in myself that I may not like, but I never knew they were there before.  I can't fix them until I know they are there.  I am thankful for truth, and life, and knowing that I always have a source and a guidebook.  I am not in this alone and I have a blueprint for life.  So thankful that I am not making it up as I go.

I am thankful that God is the same today as He was in the days of Abraham and He will be when I stand before Him one day.

I am thankful that He is the breathe of life and by Him all things are held together.

I am thankful that He promises that when we seek Him we will find Him when we seek Him with all our hearts.

I am thankful that He is THE way, THE truth and THE life - not one of many options.

I am thankful that I can hear Him speak - and that He is so willing to pursue my heart and get my attention.

I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment