Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Daily Grind

I think the most important and defining part of my day comes when I take a minute and acknowledge who I am in Christ. Anything before this in my day I am doing in my own power and for my own purposes. Anything after this in my day is redeemable.

Psalm 51:10-12 (NLT)10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.
11 Do not banish me from your presence,
and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.
 
 
The song version of this verse has been rolling through my head all morning.  I find that when I am tired and melancholy it is because my heart has grown weary of my first Love.  Restoration and renewal are such beautiful words to a weary heart.
 
Today, let us praise Him with shouts of laughter that we might would be a light to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment