Wednesday, September 11, 2013

36 Weeks, Birthdays and Fun


I am 36 weeks now!  Seems like we've come so far - especially since we found out we were expecting at 3.5 weeks!  I am so excited to meet these boys and trying to keep myself sane by remembering the longer they have to grow the better off they will be.  It can be hard though as I am battling thoughts like...

...MY BODY HURTS.
...I wish I could play more with the girls.
...How much tv in one day will really hurt the girls right now?
...they still know I love them right?
...Am I ready?
...What should I have done different?
...am I too whiny?

And on and on.  Overall Hubs says I've complained about logical things but haven't been a brat so I'll take that as a win :)  At the last ultrasound just shy of 36 weeks Baby A was 5lb 15oz and head down, Baby B was 6lbs 4oz and breech.  Now we just wait until they want to show up!  End of the day, I only have max of 4 weeks left and I can do anything for four weeks :)

The Girls
My girlies are growing up.  We celebrated Abi's birthday at the end of August.  I need to write her a birthday post still, but that will come!  She is getting so big, very verbal like her sister and still a daredevil.  I hope that spirit doesn't ever change (maybe gets pointed in the right direction though!).  Grace's birthday is coming up in 5 days and their birthday party is this weekend.  Grace is such a sweet kid although she is getting sassy these days.  It is fun to see her personality evolve but definitely will need to be tempered.

The Hubs
Hubs preached a couple weeks ago - I have a love/hate relationship with him preaching.  I LOVE that he bounces thoughts off me during the week and that his mind is just going constantly with thoughts.  I hate that his topics generally are very applicable to our lives so there is usually a pretty solid lesson that hits home in his sermons every time :)  He did a great job and I could not be more proud of him.  He also has a birthday at the end of August (day before Abi's) so we celebrated him too although without much fanfare.

Me
I'm good!  I'm still working 20 hours/week at the thrift store.  It's a lot of fun.  I think it is always interesting because I never know what will come across my desk.  Sometimes it takes quite a bit of research to figure out what I even have.  I'm ready to hand the job off to someone else for a bit when the boys arrive and excited to see that job continue to evolve as the boys settle into a schedule.

We are adjusting well to our new ministry situation.  We have two teen girls living with us right now and it is going REALLY well!  I am so thankful to have such amazing opportunities to be a part of their lives!

Overall, I have no complaints.  I'm tired and weary but I think that is par for the course.  I always struggle with remembering how fortunate we are and how blessed we are to have all our kids.  In the back of my mind is the doctor who told me I'd never have children.  Oh, how the Lord has other things planned for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment