Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Bigs and Littles

Grace and Amanda

Picture this - one of my big kids calls and wants to come over. We're past nap time (and focused work time) so I say sure, come on over! Through the day she runs errands with us, shares treats, watches the littles so I can vote and eats dinner with us (that Hubs surprised us with!). My littles were all smiles and giggles, I got to talk to my other big kid on the phone and made plans with two of my new big kids.  Super fun!

I love not only getting to work with teens at the events and Bible studies but to really allow them in and live my life in front of them.  It makes my heart happy to know that they get to see mommy love toward the kiddos and love between Aaron and I.  A lot of them don't have positive role models and while we are not perfect it is a joy to give them a glimpse of what could be!

Pray for my family if you will as we live in front of them.  It is a great chance to influence their lives but also a spotlight on flaws and shortcomings.  I am also contemplating a new blog (or an additional blog) that I feel like I can make public for them to be a part of and read...but still praying that one out.

"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." 1 Thessalonians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment