Friday, February 3, 2012

Recipes I'm Using

I thought I would share some of the recipes I've been using lately.

Applesauce Muffins
Like I said yesterday, I've followed this recipe exactly, I've substituted oil and apple juice for the apple sauce, I've added raisins, chocolate chips, carrots and apple chunks.  I'm pretty convinced you can't mess it up.  (I generally add 1tsp of both baking powder and baking soda.  I also use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and use a couple tablespoons to really get the flavor).  I also think that if you don't have a super picky kid you could probably add some cocoa powder or just more chocolate chips (and maybe go lighter on the spices), throw some cream cheese frosting on top and call it a cupcake! :)  Tricky tricky!

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
This one is super yummy.  I don't usually add as much butter as it says because I don't really like butter flavor, but play with it!

Pancake Syrup
I don't know what recipie I used, but I mixed equal parts brown sugar, white sugar and water - I think a cup each - and boiled them together for a few minutes.  Then I added 2tsp of vanilla extract (imitation so if you use pure you could probably just add 1tsp).  We used it right away but I poured the leftover into my syrup container and it thickened up.  You can also add butter and maple flavorings as desired.

"Healthy" Chocolate Mousse
Four ingredients, no raw eggs, coconut milk and yumminess.  I liked it.  It doesn't have the coconut taste I was expecting.  I think next time I make it I might work in some instant coffee (which is found in most mousse recipies) but I thought it was a healthy alternative to your usual calorie laden raw egg chocoalte mousse.

2 Minute French Toast
For this one, it is a similar idea to bread pudding.  I usually use a whole egg per serving and a little extra milk.  I think it's a good way to get Grace to eat eggs!

Let me know if you try any of them out!

Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment