Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It was the best of times, it was the not so best of times

I was going to say it was the best of times, it was the worst of times but that seemed a little overly dramatic.  Here is how my day went...

Both girls were up at 1am and did not want to sleep.  Grace ended up on the couch with Aaron and I had Abi in bed with me.  They eventually fell asleep.  I guess that turned out ok.

Woke up stressing out about an appointment that I had to be at with the girls.  It started at 1pm - the moment their heads usually hit the pillow for naps.  Turns out I didn't have to go today.  The appointment was yesterday.  Fail.  I reschedule for 9:30am next week so I guess that turned out ok.

Then I realized I had an application due today that I didn't have all the paperwork for and I needed things from four other people.  But I currently turned it in with most of the pieces and the assumption person #4 will do their part so I guess that turned out ok.

I have two phone calls that I am not looking forward to making.  One of them happened today and I didn't cry so I guess that turned out ok.

My emails never stay answered - they constantly come in which is good but makes me ALWAYS feel behind.  I did just get an offer to bring (Lil) BOW WOW and "Australia's Thunder From Down Under" to our teen center which made me laugh...hard.  I guess that turned out ok.

I cooked chicken with "lime and honey sauce" for dinner.  It was NASTY.  When you have to use a steak knife to cut chicken that should be evidence it will be bad. Fortunately my husband had to go to a church meeting so I can destroy the evidence - he's a good cook, he can fend for himself.  I guess that turned out ok.

I don't know - just one of those days where it seems like there is stuff every where, children are whiny, tempers are high, and we are all tired.  It'll turn out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment