Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #74

Yes...that is birthday ice cream.  The cake I was going
to give her went bad and I wasn't about to make ANOTHER
cake to sit around our house after that one and before her
official birthday cake.

What a crazy busy week.  I seriously feel like I have been running all week - starting with a 7:30am text message Monday morning scheduling a meeting.  All good though - busy is better than bored!  I have four big projects I'm in the middle of so four different to do lists taped to my wall, all while planning my girls' birthday party this Sunday.  Fortunately we keep things pretty low key so making a cake and blowing up some balloons should pretty much have me covered at this point.

So hubs makes fun of me because we tend to have rather drawn out birthday celebrations in my family.  So we did Grace's birthday with just our family on Wednesday, will do a mini-party on Saturday with my parents and grandparents (Great Grandma and Big Poppa - where did she get that??) and then their party on Sunday.  It's nuts.

Thankfuls...

1. Still thankful I'm not famous.
2. I'm thankful for Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst. Oh how this book speaks to me.
3. I'm thankful for Princess Program starting up again!
4. I am thankful for the Newsboys and songs like "God's Not Dead" and "Revelation Song".
5. I am thankful that two weeks into my three month Sunday School commitment it is going well :)
6. I am thankful for friends that I'm reconnecting with.
7. I am thankful for my Hello Mornings group that encourages me to get up and get my quiet time done!
8. I am thankful for Hershey's Simple Pleasures chocolate - they are tasty good.
9. I am thankful for simple and fun birthday celebrations.
10. I am thankful my kid is still young enough to think getting underpants and tights for her birthday is fun.
11. I am thankful that she LOVED the game I got her...and that apparently she can play it without me ;)
12. I am thankful I live within walking distance (on a good day!) to the library.
13. I am thankful for encouragers.


No comments:

Post a Comment