Thursday, October 11, 2012
Oh.My.Goodness. Thankful Thursday Top Ten #76
Ya'll, is it bad that I JUST realized I have missed thankfuls for almost two weeks? It has been that crazy around here. So here is my situation - I just "finished" a HUGE project for work (re-opening a twice/week event that I get to run). So the start up is finished but now it has to be maintained which is more on my "regular" work week and now means two 8-10 hour days out of the house. It is crazy.
I have learned a lot though during this process. Some highlights are that I took my time with the kiddos for granted, I miss them a lot, it is great for them to have daddy time, I need more sleep, I have to ask for help. I am so blessed with awesome friends who are willing to do almost anything for me and I have relied on them so much lately. I'm also thankful that my husband pushes me to reach out.
1. Little Miss Heaven Reigns - I am so stoked that SHE is finally here and I want to meet her!
2. Music that speaks to my soul. I think the Newsboy's version of Like A Lion (My God's Not Dead) is like a power anthem. I could blast it all day and I think I couldn't help but be in a great mood.
3. A trip to Houston! Oh my goodness, so amazing. It was great to see almost all of my Aunts and Uncles and of course my cousins. The main reason for going though is my Grandma who I love dearly. She is such an amazing woman.
4. I am so thankful that my husband is able to stay home with our girls when I can't be here. They love him and he is so good with him. (I laughed last week when I got home - they were both in party dresses! I think Grace talked him into it - she LOVES Princess dresses)
5. I get to be a bridesmaid! How awesome is that! I can't wait! We are going dress shopping on Saturday and this girl will NOT let me look hideous so I'm excited!
6. Friends getting married on Saturday! I'm not going to be able to be at their wedding but I'm sure it will be amazing and they are just amazing people!
7. The anxious anticipation of family pictures. She said 4-6 weeks and it has been 5. They were great last year and I can't wait! (Almost time to update the photo wall again!)
8. A night to relax. I have SO many things to get done but took the night "off". I left work around 6pm, got the girls home after picking them up from a friend at 6:45, ate dinner, got them in bed at 8pm and have done laundry and almost nothing else since then. I think I needed the down time.
9. Unglued by Lysa Terkhurst (I probably butchered her name but I'm feeling lazy right now). It is such a good book. I love the part about labels and how we allow things to label us because we aren't willing to just take little steps to get rid of them. I've got some projects coming on. I'm feeling like another "getting rid of junk project" might be in order! Although I really need someone with some craft and beauty skills to help me get my house decorated properly.
10. This quote from the other day...I think it was Joyce Meyers but I just happened to hear it while I was walking by a TV so I didn't spend a ton of time looking into it...
"Stop asking God to do things you could easily do yourself and just don't want to."