Friday, November 9, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Quiet

Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking

Five Minute Friday: Quiet

Go.

the quiet at my house is rare.  sometimes it is quiet with background noise.  sometimes it is 'somebody is in trouble' quiet.  most of the time though it is loud.  and fun.  and delightful.  sometimes the noise gets to me so i turn up music louder to drown it out.  sometimes i just take step back and find my quiet on the inside.

i think so many times i let my surroundings dictate my mood and behavior.  instead of stepping out and owning it i get caught up in the loud and crazy and allow it to overtake me.

i think my girls hear me best when i am quiet.  i think i hear the Lord best when i am quiet.  amazing what He will whisper if i stop to listen.

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment