Thursday, November 29, 2012
Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #81
I am thankful this week for many things!
1. Getting to sleep in yesterday while my husband got up with the girlies. And he got up at 6am with a terrible diaper so I'm extra thankful for his patience :)
2. Peace in knowing that God is in control, even when it doesn't feel like it, even when I forget, He is there and gently reminds me.
3. Shopkick. I know, this is a crazy one, thankful for an app? But I am going to get to use quite a bit of "free money" to pay for Christmas presents which will seriously help the budget this year. I'm excited to see if I can cover 100% of Christmas gifts next year!
4. Simplicity. I am thankful that my sister and I decided that instead of exchanging gifts for the sake of exchanging gifts between us and our husbands we'd both just buy our parents an extra gift each! I LOVE IT!
5. Faithful Grandparents. Two of my grandparents are not doing well at the moment and while I want to hold on to them as long as I can, I also know that they love the Lord so it is well with my soul. Surprisingly enough, it is well with their souls too. I hope when I'm older I have such faith and peace.
6. Monopoly Deal. Ok, the game was fun but I'm really thankful that Miss Morgan was able to come over and hang out with me! I MISS HER SOMETHING FIERCE when she is away at college. And now this talk of moving...don't even get me started.
7. Applesauce. That's right, it was annual applesauce time. I made 35 quarts. Well, 36 but one exploded. I'll give away 30 and keep 6 for my family.
8. Date night. I seriously love date night. I especially love date nights that include That Crepe Place because bananas, nutella, vanilla spread and peanuts in a crepe are DELICIOUS!
9. My girlies. I am so thankful for my girls. For the hard parenting lessons, quiet moments and loudness of it all. I'm thankful that I am learning and growing just by being their mom!
10. Friends! I'm thankful for friends who make it 'easy'. I love texting friends that I don't get to chat with often about the joys and pains of motherhood! We all need good friends!