Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July Photo 11: Letter

Day 11: Letter

Ok, so it is more of a card then a letter but I love it and that's what counts right?  My best friend has a way of sending me the right card right when I need it.  This one hangs on my file cabinet next to my computer and another one she sent is tucked in my Bible.  (Good for when I need a pick me up, Jesus and her encouraging words!)  I also have wonderful cards from my husband scattered through my office and tucked away through my house.

Letter writing seems to be a lost art.  I used to write back and forth with my Grandma all the time but that seems to have slowly faded.  I think it is a delightful way to let people know you are thinking about them and care about them.  I remember a letter I wrote to my dad for Father's Day one year after I got married with memories and things he taught me - how powerful are words but even more so tangible written ones.  I owe my mother a similar letter and by owe, I mean I want to write it but I need to get it done!

I love letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment