Monday, December 17, 2012

Thankful Thursdays...err Mondays...Top Ten #83


Let's just say Thursday wasn't a good day for me.  I emailed my friend who is stationed far far away and at the top said please read this email in your best whiny voice which seemed like a terrible thing to do since again, she is stationed far far away but it really was that not fun of a day.  She was able to call me a couple days later and I am quite thankful!

I feel like there has been a lot of tragedy lately, from the Connecticut shooting to people in my personal life who are just struggling and hurting.  I feel like this is such an amazing time of the year for most, but for them I think sometimes it can feel like salt in a wound.  The radio today said to grieve with those who are grieving - to really feel their pain before we go throwing Bible verses at them.  I liked that.

My thankfuls through it all...

1. I am thankful when the Lord is glorified.

2. I am thankful for a relationship I have been able to build with an awesome young lady.  What a privilege to get to speak into her life. 

3. I am thankful for a family that does not compete with each other at Christmastime.

4. I am thankful that my kid loves to sing to my Grandparents (her Great Grandparents) on the phone. 

5. I am thankful that my husband is such a good Dad and takes good care of the girls.

6. I am thankful for the calm that comes with trusting the Lord.

7. I am thankful for my little girl's excitement.  I LOVED watching her abracadabra everything in the house today with her magic wand.  She did disappear me a couple times, trying to not read too much into that ;)

8. I am thankful for nail polish.  Keeps me from biting my nails and a simple way to feel more feminine.

9. I am thankful for friends who encourage me.  I seriously couldn't do this life thing without them.

10. I am thankful for seeing first hand a young lady who was blessed by a local church (and this was not ours, something completely unconnected) and how blown away she was by their love.  Praise God that there are churches that rally around people - I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment