Monday, December 17, 2012
Thankful Thursdays...err Mondays...Top Ten #83
Let's just say Thursday wasn't a good day for me. I emailed my friend who is stationed far far away and at the top said please read this email in your best whiny voice which seemed like a terrible thing to do since again, she is stationed far far away but it really was that not fun of a day. She was able to call me a couple days later and I am quite thankful!
I feel like there has been a lot of tragedy lately, from the Connecticut shooting to people in my personal life who are just struggling and hurting. I feel like this is such an amazing time of the year for most, but for them I think sometimes it can feel like salt in a wound. The radio today said to grieve with those who are grieving - to really feel their pain before we go throwing Bible verses at them. I liked that.
My thankfuls through it all...
1. I am thankful when the Lord is glorified.
2. I am thankful for a relationship I have been able to build with an awesome young lady. What a privilege to get to speak into her life.
3. I am thankful for a family that does not compete with each other at Christmastime.
4. I am thankful that my kid loves to sing to my Grandparents (her Great Grandparents) on the phone.
5. I am thankful that my husband is such a good Dad and takes good care of the girls.
6. I am thankful for the calm that comes with trusting the Lord.
7. I am thankful for my little girl's excitement. I LOVED watching her abracadabra everything in the house today with her magic wand. She did disappear me a couple times, trying to not read too much into that ;)
8. I am thankful for nail polish. Keeps me from biting my nails and a simple way to feel more feminine.
9. I am thankful for friends who encourage me. I seriously couldn't do this life thing without them.
10. I am thankful for seeing first hand a young lady who was blessed by a local church (and this was not ours, something completely unconnected) and how blown away she was by their love. Praise God that there are churches that rally around people - I love it.