Last year I posted my Twelve Goals for 2012. Frankly, I remember what none of them are so that hasn't proven to be a very effective strategy for me. Here are the five things that I am purposing for 2013 but subject to change with more time to think on it.
1. I Purpose To Do What Should Be Done Now
What do I mean? I mean that when I see something that needs to be put away, I will do it now. When I see behavior that needs to be addressed, I will do it now. When I see a way that I am called and able to serve/give/bless, I will do it now. I will not continue to put things off, allowing them to build up until they become impossible to handle.
2. I Purpose To Make The Lord My Number One Priority
In re-reading George Mueller's Autobiography I am once again struck by the fact that I may talk a great talk about faith but I need to make sure my life reflects it and that MUST start by being purposefully soaked in the Bible and prayer. I struggle with this friends. I have such a hard time being still sometimes but He will mold me!
3. I Purpose To Make My Husband My Number Two Priority
It is so easy to get caught up in the kids, work, life, friends, commitments that I forget how vital it is that I serve my husband first and completely. It is my goal to serve him with a completely willing spirit, rejoicing in what I have been entrusted with.
4. I Purpose To Plan and Not React
I spend entirely too much of my time in "crunch time" which could sometimes be avoided by planning better. I'm not sure how this is going to look just yet, but I want to plan and not react.
5. I Purpose To Practice Hospitality
This one will have to come under my husband's blessing (although he is usually quite supportive of these types of endeavors). I want to love on people around me. I am blessed beyond belief and if I can make dinner for another mom or watch kids for awhile or have girls over to play games - I want to be purposeful about practicing hospitality.
These are my five things. Hold me to them ok?
And while I'm at it, my goals for 2012 revisited...
1. Frugality - I managed to cut our household spending and was able to give away out of our excess. I'd say success.
2. Schedule - Ha ha. Ha.
3. Prioritize - I think God may be working on this in me until the end of time.
4. Repurpose before Purchase - Much better! We are also in purge mindset!
5. Hospitality - Better, not great.
6. Fellowship - Better, not great.
7. Memorization - Needs improvement.
8. Don't lose me. - I was telling my husband about a God sized victory the other day and I was excited to see what things were bringing me joy. Still have work to do, but I liked that.
9. Journal - I need to write more.
10. Disciple - I am so thankful for the people God has put in my life this year! I hope I have blessed them as much as they have blessed me!
11. Treat My Body Well - Lost 16lbs so that's a win. Need to get off the Christmas cookie diet and back to good foods.
12. Be Purposeful - Obviously an issue still, see above.