Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Pace of Summer

I was going to complain that some of my favorite blogs haven't been updated in DAAAAYS!  Torture I tell you - then I realized that I haven't written anything meaningful in quite awhile so maybe I shouldn't complain :)

This summer is going by VERY quickly.  May was a busy month in the ministry, June was a busy month personally, July is going by very quick and before we know it we'll be in our family's birthday season including the birth of our daughter!  I can't believe how fast it is coming!

At the same time, this summer has been relaxing and slow.  The days go fast but the moments of Train Dominoes on the back porch, library reading time, pool dates and park adventures have been savored and enjoyed.  Time with friends has been appreciated and unrushed.  It has been quite lovely.  I was worried about how this summer would go with Grace being old enough to go do things but always feeling the need to be at my desk.  I feel like we've reached a great compromise and have enjoyed each other and the days as they pass.

For the next week and a half to two and a half weeks my sister-in-law is going to be living on our couch.  I'm sure she'll be bored to tears since Grace naps in the morning and she has volleyball in the afternoon/evening so we pretty much can't do anything...but it'll be fun to have her around and hopefully we'll get to sneak in some fun here and there.

Hubs is in the kitchen cooking - basil is drifting through my house...gotta love it.  Here's to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment