Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #16

What a week!

1) I am thankful to have 4 weeks left of pregnancy but equally thankful for the 36 weeks of healthy pregnancy that are completed.

2) I'm thankful that my 15 year old little sister (in law) is staying with us this week...and next...and maybe the one after that.  She's a good kid and loves Grace. She also has been super polite and even did my dishes!  (I told her my one "rule" was NO dishes in the sink, they make me crazy.)  She's been fun to have around and I am thankful she gets to see the "relationship" and "family" side of me and Aaron and not just the visiting bro/sis relationship that she often sees.

3) I'm thankful for friends that text and say "Hey, was just thinking about you!"...love it!

4) I'm thankful for making dates with friends and keeping them!  We're going to see Amanda tonight, hopefully Morgan soon and hopefully Joie this weekend!

5) I'm thankful for kiss attacks.  Yesterday I was on the phone with my mom and Grace climbed up on my lap and showered me with kisses...to the point I had to get off the phone because I couldn't talk.  She'd put her little kisser up on mine and hold it there for 10 seconds going mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmAH!  So sweet! 

6) I'm thankful that sickness is rare in our house and usually passes quickly.  Grace had a fever yesterday that fluctuated from pretty calm to 103s...lots of Tylenol, hugs and cuddles later she went to bed still not feeling great.  Most of the time when I went in to look on her she'd just look miserable.  Then when I went in and she sat up and said "Hi Mommy!" I figured she was on her way to recovery :)

7) I'm thankful for being almost done with my PAUL study by Beth Moore.  I'm going to do "Knowing and Loving the Bible" next but don't remember who it is by.

8) I'm thankful for the library.  I LOVE story time there and I've had a great time reading some books that I almost talked myself into buying before I remembered I could get them for free!  (Now, if anyone knows how to get a free copy of the new Duggar book you just let me know!  I think I'm going to end up buying that one)

9) I'm thankful for my husband and the amazing crew we have at our teen center.  We had a TON of kids in there on Tuesday for Scream the Prayer which is an metal-Christian band show that we do every year...I think this was our fourth year.  Facebook comments like "My life is changed" and "I love how a metal show turned into a praise and worship event" make me happy!

10) I'm thankful for the reminder every week to take a few minutes to be thankful.  It is easy to get caught up in the day to day and not pause to remember.

------------

11) I'm thankful for the time to take things slow and "let" my two year old help.  She is quite capable of putting away her own cups, bowls and the baking utensils! 

12) I'm thankful for baby sticking her little butt/head/arm/leg/etc out as far as my tummy will expand so I can see her and feel her so clearly.  It's amazing.

13) Comments!  I love comments! :)

Got thankfuls?  Link up here:



4 comments:

  1. i love kiss attacks from my kiddos! so sweet. i also like the reminder every week to be thankful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about the library! I want to read the Duggar book too. Visiting from Curious Georgi @www.martinmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you make me miss being pregnant! ;)
    I love the library, too! And this weekly reminder to be thankful. Visiting from Curious Georgi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not allowed to have more than 10! bahhhahaha just kidding!

    love reading about your life ; ) miss you

    no dishes in the sink---you'd hate it here! lol

    ReplyDelete