Friday, January 27, 2012

January 2012 Family/Ministry Letter

1 Thessalonians 2:8 We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.

January 2012
I cannot believe that we are already in January!  It seems like 2011 went by really fast!  Ok, except for maybe the two weeks that we waited to meet Abi past her due date, but other than that REALLY fast!  Grace turned two, Abi (finally) arrived and Aaron and I are coming up on five years of marriage at the end of this month!  God is good!

I have had the opportunity to work with another group of young ladies—my Princesses– through
Harvest’s Princess Program.  I absolutely love getting to work with these girls.  At our first meeting the other two leaders and I were blown away by the home situations that they live in.  One young lady told us that she lives with whatever friend will let her sleep on the couch.  And sadly, we’ve seen it first hand, she is not exaggerating.  It is a blessing to not only work with them once a week but also just get to live in front of them and show them what their future can look like if they make good decisions now.

Aaron has been working very hard at the thrift store!  We recently moved to a new location that has better access from the main road and is a more modern building.  It looks great!  He spent a lot of time planning, moving and preparing for the opening.  We were blessed with an amazing donation of racks and fixtures for the store.  The down payment for the building came the day before it was due—definitely God timing!

We have both been very involved in the Attic—me in planning the events and Aaron actually at the events.  It has been fun continuing to work more closely together and seeing the relationships continue to build.  Again, it is a joy for us not just to see the kids on the weekend at the youth events but to also get to live in front of them and show them what a home based on the Lord looks like.

This year we are looking forward to continuing to work with teens, grow some of the mentoring
relationships that have begun to emerge and to focus on what the Lord is doing in the Dayton area with these teenagers.

Missionaries In Dayton
In 2011 all the servants at Harvest Youth Ministries were challenged to stop thinking of ourselves as “employees” but rather as missionaries.  It seemed like just a simple word change initially but as the idea started to take hold inside of us, it really started an outlook change.  Yes, we serve through Harvest Youth Ministries but by acknowledging our calling from the Lord as missionaries we are more focused on His mission and rely on His provision and support from the church body.  We may not be living and serving in another country, but rather are living and serving in a nation where young people are becoming every bit as godless.

Would you prayerfully consider helping support us so we can continue this mission?  We desperately need monthly donors to help us meet our goal of raising 100% of our own funding.  At this moment we have raised 11% of what we need for support and the remaining 89% comes from the general fund, which of course cuts into the ministries’ ability to serve in other ways.  We could not have gotten where we are without your prayers and support and we are deeply grateful for that!  All donations are tax deductible and can go toward our family account, the Princess Program or other special projects.  We appreciate you so much!

· Please pray for the young ladies currently working through the Princess Program!  They will be going on their Princess Day at the end of February!

· Please pray that the Lord would continue to provide staff, security and mentors for our youth events!

· Please pray for our family as we try to seek Him daily.

We are always willing to come speak about what the Lord is doing in the Dayton area and through Harvest Youth Ministries.  If you know someone or a group with a heart for teens, we would love to share about the ministry and opportunities available!

**Donations can be made to Harvest Youth Ministries and sent to 3101 Indian Ripple Road, Beavercreek OH 45440.  Please mark it with our name and 100% will go toward our families’ funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment