1. I am thankful for the right to a trial and an unbiased jury of your peers.
2. I am thankful for people who show up without really lame excuses about getting out of jury duty. (My two favorite of the day were "well, if I don't think the law is right I wouldn't be able to find them guilty regardless" and "I carry the constitution with me at all times so I would first have to decide if the law was constitutional."
3. I am thankful for Stephanie who watched my girls today (5 kids and pregnant with twins...I bet she was as tired as I was!)
4. I am thankful for my second peppermint mocha of the season although Starbucks is still better than McDs and I haven't had one of those yet.
5. I am thankful for a day of adult conversation...I mean, talking to two year olds is great but cracking jokes that adults actually get and laugh at just made my day.
6. I am thankful for people with a sense of humor.
7. I am thankful for the delightful man who walked with me to the courthouse, got selected as a juror too, and told me to have a "wonderful day sweetie and be safe getting home." There really are still nice people in the world.
8. I am thankful that the Judge bought us cookies.
9. I am thankful I only have one more day of service.
10. I am thankful for my nap on the couch once I got home tonight. Now I'm going to see if I can get Abi to bed and get some more rest tonight before reporting again at 8am tomorrow!
Link up here: