Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Connect

Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking

Five Minute Friday: Connect

Go.

i love when people get me.  when my people are there to reach out to.  i love when i meet someone new and i think - yep, she can be one of my people and i'd like to be one of hers.

there are people that i can call and just sigh and they know.

there are people that don't need words to know my emotions.

my husband, my best friend is able to pinpoint what i am feeling a lot of times before i am able to put words to it.

i have a hard time letting down my guard and letting people see beneath the surface of my life.  the parts where it isn't all shiny and pretty.  the parts that hurt and exhaust and ache. 

but when i do - joy.  and when they are brave enough to let down their guards and let me in - what a joy to experience that genuine connection.

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment