Tuesday, August 7, 2012

White Flag

We raise our white flags, we surrender all to You, all for You.
We raise our white flags, the war is over. Love has come, Love has won.

Sometimes I need to take a few minutes to take a step back and say I don't have this - I am falling apart and give it over to the One who can hold it all together.  I love that I don't have to be strong for the Lord but I can be strong in the Lord. 

I am finishing up Experiencing God with one of my kids and I'm blown away at how God works around me and how quick I am to dismiss it as something else.  I like going through the study because it refocuses my attention on Him and what He can do.  And of course it reminds me that I do nothing on my own but the Holy Spirit manifests in me to equip me. 

I know my Redeemer lives, a
ll creation testifies,
this life within me cries
I know my Redeemer lives.

At the end of the day I have to be faithful with what I am given - from gifts and talents to the little people that have been entrusted to my care to my time and money.  But at the end of the day, it is not about me...and that is delightful.

I serve a loving, living God and He's got this, even when I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment