Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My crazy days



Today breakfast was eleven waffles. Lunch was at a park. I refilled sippy cups at least 20 times.  Dinner was an entire box of mac and cheese, four pieces of toast, three bowls of cheerios and a fruit pouch.  Dessert was served in small bowls because we did not need more sugar and we ran out of treats for using the big girl potty.

I loved it.

I'm not used to having four kids around but it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the time with them.  I've mentioned in the past how some of my in-laws have hung out at our house for extended periods of time so this time seems much shorter.  The 3 year old and 5 year old came over this morning and will go home tomorrow morning.  It makes me laugh how kids play together.  Some snippets...

Grace: Mom, Hannah kicked me in the back.
Me: Grace, it was an accident, she didn't mean to.
Grace: Mom, there are rules!
Me: Laughing.

Gabby: Grace, your mom said to sit on the couch!
Me: Gabby, why don't you just let me be the mom ok?

Gabby (5): Umm, do I get a treat for going potty?
Me: Laughing.

Gabby to Lady at park: This is MY baby!  (Referring to Hannah who is 3)

Oh, it was a fun day.

I was also reminded about how my kids are both very touch-oriented and NEED their mama time so I tried to make sure they got that as well and I checked in with them frequently through the day.

I love being close to family.  I love getting these chances to bond with the little in-laws.


No comments:

Post a Comment