Thursday, August 9, 2012

Purposeful

First, let me just say that 1 and 3 are GREAT ages (ok, 3 weeks from one and 5 weeks from three).  I am LOVING these girls and although they both want to be in my lap at the same time all the time, it is awesome.

Second, I think having a question answered by a blogger I really respect and enjoy reading is like a a huge Internet hug.  Check it out here...I am the question about a three year old and a one year old :)  Of course, when people write entire blog series because I asked questions that's like a dinner party with a great friend.  Although I only lasted six weeks breastfeeding again, I'll review before future kids and hopefully one day I'll get it!  Start Here.

Now, about purposefulness.  I have been trying to be more intentional with my days and lately that has meant either getting up and playing tennis with my dad then coming home and stepping back into the routine OR getting up with or before the girls and immediately stepping into the routine. 

I am not a fan of doing things twice so when the girls get up for the day and get their pants changed they also get dressed.  I've just found it is easier that trying to herd them in twice.  So, before they are out of the room they are dressed, changed, hair done and with everything they "need" (blankets, cups, lovies, etc).  Then we head to breakfast.  On a good day we have eggs, grits, toast, etc and on best days Husband is able to join us.  On normal days we have cereal and toast.  I'm ok with that. 

Soon we will probably add some character training to this time.  I am going to get Grace a book (I'll share which one when I actually pick) for her birthday that I think we will read together before we get up from the table.  Speaking of getting up, we are also purposefully doing some manners training including asking to be excused from the table after meals. 

After this they are allowed to watch one show while I get dressed, write, think and make a plan.  Typically if we have errands they go here or we just hang out and play together for a bit.

More on purposeful play, dinner and activities soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment