Saturday, August 11, 2012

Waffle and Frosting Sandwich and other fairly odd tales

What a weekend!

My husband has been working all weekend because he is amazing - and for me weekend runs from Friday afternoon to Saturday night.  Sunday is church/family day and while it isn't work it doesn't ever seemed to get grouped into my weekend...now that we've got that cleared up...

This weekend I have...
  • Cleaned out my car
  • Cleaned out my diaper bag (eww)
  • Cleaned out the girls clothes closet and drawers
  • Made two batches of homemade waffles for the freezer
  • Made muffins
  • Re-stained the bench on our front porch (varnish to follow)
  • Thought about cleaning my office (a task in itself!)
  • Done laundry
  • Unloaded the dishwasher I think three times
  • Prayed on some life decisions (nothing major - just a refocus mainly on ministry)
  • Thought about family/teaching priorities with the girls
  • Cleaned out the photos on my cell phone
  • Found Abigail's baby sized Sketchers (picture at some point in the future)
  • Played at the park
  • Played at Grandma and Poppa's house
  • Played in the living room
And last but potentially most important, I discovered that when you don't use enough batter to make waffles they come out a little crispy on the outside but still light and fluffy on the inside.  Then I discovered that if you add some chocolate frosting (in the name of cleaning out the fridge of course) it is DELIGHTFUL.  Good thing that was the last of my frosting or people would start asking when the baby was due - it was THAT good.  (No, that wasn't an announcement).

A Sampling of the Phone Pics

1 comment: