Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Abi!



Abigail,

You turned one today my dear and I cannot even tell you how quickly this year has gone by.  You have met all the major milestones in the order we'd expect - rolling, crawling, standing, walking and I am so proud of you.  I love the milestones and moments that they don't talk about more.  The moment I fell head over heels in love with you, when I knew that you LOVED to play peek-a-book and how you love to giggle when your sister plays with you.

I cannot help but laugh when you bonk your forehead against mine or scream at the top of your lungs to get my attention.  I love that you wow'd Grandma by saying "thank you" at an appropriate time last night and that your cautious walking captures everyone's heart.  I love that you let your sister push you around because she is still learning how much bigger she is than you and that you think you are big enough to take on anything she does.

I love your easy-going personality - if my big sister woke me up, talked to me and sang me songs after I was asleep for the night I don't think I'd handle it as well as you do.  And I love seeing the excitement in your eyes as you try new things.  You are certainly a crazy kid and love to be flipped upside down and thrown in the air - and I love that you know mom and dad will always catch you.

I know sometimes we won't see eye to eye and I'll do things that frustrate you.  Like tonight when I tried to make you eat a chocolate cupcake and you were entirely too tired.  But I did enjoy snuggling with you and singing you to sleep. 

I love you Abigail Ann, I always will.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment