Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday: See

Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking

Five Minute Friday: See

Go.

i wish sometimes that my eyes were cameras.  i know there are so many moments of life i wish i could replay over and over again (ok, and some that particularly feature my bad behavior that i suppose i would not want recorded).  it is sad to know sometimes that the quirky smile she just gave me or the "i'm spacey" phrase she somewhere picked up complete with head bobbing and hand gestures will only live on in my mind.

if i could record everything i could see, or even just take still shots of the moments i would maybe feel like life wasn't going so fast.  but even now, as i am updating the photos on my wall to reflect the season i see how much the girls have grown, changed and become more and more like the people they are going to be one day. 

i don't want to forget these moments although i am excited to see who they will be in the future.

Stop.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart hears you! They grow so fast, if only we could stop time like a camera. Thank God for the gift of memories though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go so fast. I look at my twelve year old and think how did this happen. i look at pictures and say what happened to those cheeks. treasure every single moment. Cameras are wonderful for keeping those memories alive because sometimes things get forgotten otherwise

    ReplyDelete