Monday, June 25, 2012

June Photo Challenge Day 24: On Your Mind

Day 24: On Your Mind

Acts 6:38-39
Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone!  Let them go!  For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail.  But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.

Working in ministry can be so hard some times.  I had someone email me recently telling me that if I think what we are doing is actually positive she prays God has mercy on my soul while I am in hell.  (I am paraphrasing but I am not altering the message she was sending.)  We work very hard to give kids a safe, positive place to go and God only knows the lives that have been changed.  When it gets hard and when I feel like there is pressure from all sides I love to run back to this - But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God. And it gives me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment