Sunday, October 23, 2011

One of those days...



Yesterday was one of those days.  You know the kind?  The ones you want to remember every moment of to look back on.  The kind that warms your heart, makes you feel like a good mom and reminds you of all the fun that can be had in the crazy. 

The day started out routinely enough.  We got up, watched some cartoons and played.  Hubs got up and joined us for a bit and we just enjoyed each other's company.  Then Morgan came over and we got to play with her!  Grace took a nap and I got to have a real adult coversation...in the middle of the day...on a SATURDAY!

Later we ate lunch then packed up to head out.  We were NOT going to waste this beautiful day in the house.  To the park we went and it was one where everything was her size!  Grace had a blast playing on the slides and swings and running.  At one point I was feeding Abi and a wonderful Grandma asked if it was ok if she lifted Grace into the swing.  YES, and thank you.  Then her 5 year old granddaughter asked if she could push Grace's swing while I finished feeding Abi.  YES, and thank you.

When we had to leave there were no loud protests, no crazy cries.  Just what bites do you want when we get home?  NUGGETS!  So we came home and had chicken nuggets.  Then a bath.  The first bath in WEEKS that hasn't been a fight.  Finally, my freshly cleaned two year old and my teeny tiny love snuggled on the couch to watch Sesame Street.  Oh how I love the times it works out that my arms and lap are big enough for both of them at once.  I love holding my girls.  Then it was off to bed without a peep. 

Abi and I watched a movie.  But her smiles were so distracting I had to pause it and just let her smile at me for 20 minutes.  I love her toothless grin.  I got one of my big projects for the weekend done during our movie time too. 

I loved yesterday.  I love my girls.  I love when I decide that it's ok to do the "hard" thing because they will love it.  When I remember babies are portable and the weather isn't going to be nice long.  Those are the days that I feel like a great mom and I go to bed thinking lets do that again tomorrow.

I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile... it made me feel like I had a wonderful day along with you! And I did, even if for just a little while.

    I do have to say that when I read the part about bath time, I thought you were saying that Grace hadn't had a bath in weeks... haha! I got it once I finished the sentence...

    Anyways, you ARE a great mom and I wish my mom had done those fun things with me more often...

    ReplyDelete