Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekly Update

I'm giving myself 5 minutes.  Then it is work time.


It is Tuesday...it has been a busy week.  Grace decided not to nap yesterday.  That always makes for a harder day.  She tends to be grumpy because she didn't sleep.  I tend to be grumpy because I have a pile of work to do that I didn't get to.  Frustrating.  Fortunately she played in my office after her "nap time" and then Hubs played with her a little bit before I left for the evening.

I went to the Family Christian Bookstore to get another book for Bible study.  We have 10 girls wanting to participate!!  So exciting!  While I was there I picked up a fiction book off the clearance rack that looked really interesting marked $4.95.  When I got to the counter the lady said it rang up on super clearance...for $.50.  AWESOME.  Then I went to Once Upon A Child and got a pair of jeans and three shirts for Grace...one says "Daddy is my Prince" which I loved.  Anyway, one shirt was 50% off...but she hit the wrong button and rang it all up at 50% off.  THEN she said, ah well, it's your lucky day.  Again, willing to pay the marked price, but I'll take the deal too!

More important stuff - Bible study was AWESOME.  We had 9 of the 10 girls there last night.  It is amazing to me their family backgrounds, the raw emotion they have and their willingness to lay it all out there.  I don't want to share too much of their personal information but 8 of the 9 girls have single parent homes, a couple of them have NO relationship with the parent they don't live with.  One girl lives wherever friends will let her sleep...she is 15. 

If you think of it, pray for us on Monday nights.  It is an awesome opportunity to get to speak truth and love into these girls lives.  It is my favorite part of what I get to do and I can't wait to see how God works through this Bible study.

No comments:

Post a Comment