I complain all weekend about how some of my favorite blogs don't have updates (mainly because I like to read them during that late night feeding to stay awake) and then I realized I have been really lame in posting the past week. Ah well :)
1. I am thankful that Abi is sleeping sooooo well! She usually eats around 9/10, falls into "night" sleep at 11ish and then is out until 6am or so. Today she slept until 7am. I tend to make noise if I wake up during the night to see if she'll wake up to eat (I'm THAT mom) but so far she's stayed pretty solidly asleep.
2. I am SO thankful for my husband. I know I talk about him every week almost but the man works SO hard for our family and I am so blessed to have him in my life. We just got our date nights back to ourselves last week after Abi was born and it is such a blessing to just spend quality time with him and KNOW that it is coming. I never have to ask if we are going to spend Wednesday nights together - I know I get that time.
3. I am sad that our TV died. Thankful I didn't have to watch Barney today :) We have another tv we could move but I'm interested to see how long it takes before Grace stops asking. And yes, I did take a picture of her horrible sad face when the TV didn't turn on...trying to decide if that makes me a terrible mom or not :)
4. I am SO thankful that my work day (which starts around 1pm) started with a cup of coffee and Bible study prep. I love looking through the book, picking out key points, imagining the crazy things the girls are going to ask, and seeking wisdom for how to speak truth into their lives so they comprehend it.
5. I am thankful I get to see Miss Morgan this weekend! I miss my friend! (She is an awesome student at BG and is a wonderful young lady!)
6. I am thankful that as my "big kids" grow up and need me less it appears I am getting some new big kids in my life. I "adopted" two girls when they were around 14...they were best friends and ALWAYS at our teen center. They are now 21 and doing great things (although they still call me in the middle of the night when they can't figure out the directions to assemble their bookcases) and I have a whole new group of young girls to work with. I'm hoping a couple of them end up being super close with our family like the original two did.
7. I am thankful for the holiday season. I LOVE October/November/December not so much because I know Christmas and gifts for me are coming (although lets face it, I like that too) but because I love to think about each person, what they would want and then find it at an awesome price. I love when I get just the right thing - that makes me happy.
8. I am thankful for words that seem like they were written just for me. At Life In A Shoe she is talking about getting project done with little ones running around (she has 10 kids)...needed this today: Yes, everything goes faster and better when you can focus, but this is real life and you are a mom. Live it, learn it, love it. This is your life.
9. I am thankful for all the people who write thankfuls and link up (see link below) so that I can read what everyone is thankful for. It makes me happy to know that we all took at least a few minutes to just be glad.
10. I am thankful for God's provision. I love how He comes through in unexpected ways and provides for me and my family again and again.