Monday, August 22, 2011

Life Update: 40 weeks +4

Hey all!

I just thought I'd post a quick update.  I'm probably going to be slacking in my blog duties here soon (although I may overload blogger with pictures so we'll see!).  I am 40 weeks +4 today so hopefully this kiddo will get here soon.  I have a doctor appointment in an hour and a half so we'll see what she says!  Some random thoughts...

- I am SO not a good secret keeper.  I cannot wait to share this kid's name!

- I am re-thinking how I pray for my daughters.  I usually pray for safety and security...all those good mom things, but I was thinking about things like "to know and love the Lord"...I want them to LOVE Him - really love Him, not just tell me they do.  I want them to be usable for His kingdom and I know that doesn't always mean safety and security.  I think I have to let go a little so that He can do His thing without my interference.

- I am ready to work on a new life schedule.  Of course for the next six weeks until we get in a baby routine it won't really matter but I'm thinking including things like "plan meals" and "work out" would be a positive step for me and our family. 

- I finished my sewing project!  I made a hair wrap towel for one of my big kids, super pumped about that. I told her we were going to call it a practice run since I mis-marked the inside of it and it's not the greatest quality towel but it should work for now.  AND I finished up hooded towels for Stephanie's kids...again, a learning process and not great quality towels but should work for awhile and I'll make them better ones next time I see wonderful fluffy towels on sale!

I'll try to keep you posted on this kiddo being born, but Facebook is probably going to be the best bet there! :) 

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment