Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What's Another Week?

Yesterday was not a great day.  I had a doctor appointment at 3pm and she basically said the baby is going to stay in for awhile - tough luck.  She said I was not inducible at this point (which I'm not even past my due date so I wouldn't opt for that right now regardless) and she'd see me in a week.  I left her office ready to start crying.  I was SOOOO bummed!  Actually, I really wanted to have the baby today so both my girls would have 16th birthdays (August and September 16th) but that's minor I suppose!  I talked to a few friends who talked me down, drank a (decaf) frappachino, ate a scone and went for a long walk (a girl can try!).  After ice cream and game night with my Bible study girls I felt better.

Today has been GLORIOUS!  I was so sore last night when I went to bed but woke up feeling pretty darn good!  Grace was up during the night which is always a little frustrating then, but means she'll sleep in :)  We got out of bed at 9:15.  After doing some chores we ate breakfast together at the table then I let her watch Blues Clues (which she says all little-kid-ish and does the hand thing that they do and it is just too darn cute!) while I showered.  Then we ran to Wal-Mart where I spent too much money but yes, I did need two new shirts, she needed a dress and of course all the other random things.  :)  I also got steak for me and hubs for dinner. 

I feel 100% rested, my new To Do List is almost completed (I just need to spend 15 minutes organizing and sweeping my bedroom) and I'm good to go!  I feel like today has been slow, easy and productive.  I also have a couple lovely ladies who are going to take over some of my work stuff to thank for that - they're working on it now so that they know what to expect while I'm still available...leaving me free to write very detailed "this is how I spent my day" blog posts :)

My plan for the rest of the day: feed the kiddo, go for a walk, make homemade chicken nuggets, steak dinner with the hubs, sew, White Collar! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry baby isn't here yet. It makes me sad, but I just anxiously await her arrival that much more. Can't wait to meet this little girl now!! As I'm sure you can't either...

    I feel like I haven't seen you in a while, which isn't really true, but anyways... I miss you. I plan to stop by tomorrow (today) if you aren't crazy busy. It will probably be the last time I see you before I leave/before you have the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love white collar! By the way I remember that end of pregnancy, kind of wanting it to be over feeling and then feeling a tad guilty for wanting it to be over feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete