Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday Top Ten #19



This has been a hard, crazy hormonal, lots going on, family tragedy type week.  BUT in the midst of all that, it STILL seems fairly easy to find 10 things to be thankful for.

1. I am thankful for 39 weeks of pregnancy and 1 (or less than 1, or up to 3) left!  I cannot wait to meet this little girl although I still have a hard time wrapping my head around TWO kids!

2. I am thankful that despite hardship, tears, questions and uncertainty God is still God.  I know He has the power to heal and transform and that I DON'T have to understand it.  Praise the Lord for that!

3. I am thankful for my sweet little girl.  She is getting more and more little kid-ish every day and much less like a baby.  She now apologizes to me when she falls down or hurts herself...no idea why.  It's cute though.  I also love waking up to mommy?...mommy?  MOMMY!  on the monitor :)

4. I am thankful for my husband.  He works really hard to do everything he needs to for our family, the ministry and himself.  I'm proud of him and I'm not sure I tell him that enough!

5. I am thankful for good friends who are willing to help out with personal and ministry things at a moments notice.  I simply pray that they know they can count on me in the same ways.

6. I am thankful for being in the serious planning stages for our next Princess Program!  I'll post more later but it is a 15ish week Bible study focused on teen girl issues.  Such an amazing time!

7. I am thankful for women who get worked up about the same things I do! Lets feed those kids, give them hugs, love on them and tell them they are worthwhile!!

8. I am thankful for conversations like these:
Me - Is it bad that all I want to do is go to bed?
Hubs - You're 9 months pregnant...I think that's fine.

Me - So what should we get Grace for her birthday?
Hubs - Ummm, a little sister?

9. I am thankful that I get to go with my good friend Morgan to hear Beth Moore speak tomorrow!  (Assuming this kid stays in!)  Sooooo pumped!

10. I am thankful that despite my hormones and getting in my own way, I know that God loves me and at the end of the day I am HIS and that is what counts.

Link up with your thanksfuls here (or leave them in the comments!)


2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL list of thankfuls! Reminds me of a few other things I can be thankful for :) Good luck in the coming weeks with your precious new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say... you have an awesome husband. Its been great getting to know him a little better this summer in the midst of spending so much precious time with you and Grace.

    PS. A little sister sounds like a great gift. She won't know the difference, plus this is a gift that will last a life time ;) little sisters are fantastic if I do say so myself. lol

    ReplyDelete