Sunday, August 14, 2011

Simple Sundays: How to NOT Go Crazy Waiting For Baby

I am trying really hard to be patient.  I feel like with Grace I needed every moment (and probably those extra 5 days) to prepare to meet her.  With this baby girl it hurts to put pants on and my body is sore so I'm ready for her to come out! :D

Sooo here are my tips:

1) Get a SERIES of books...read them.  Neta Jackson wrote the Yada Yada Prayer Group series which was really good and followed it up with the Yada Yada House of Hope series.  I read all four of the new series, plus another series of three books about something different and a couple other random "Christian" chick-lit books in there.

2) Make a To Do list...do it.  I have one thing left on my infamous to-do list.  It requires heavy lifting and moving of furniture so it's not going to get done before baby is here but all the other things on my list have been checked off!

3) Get out of town...no really.  I went to Columbus for the weekend for a Beth Moore conference as previously mentioned.  It was a wonderful event AND served as a great "anxious for baby" distraction.  I was close enough to home that I wasn't nervous about getting back if we needed to (although my friend Morgan and the people we went with did not share my calm).

4) Start a project...attempt to finish it.  I am working on a sewing project for a friend's kiddos.  I'd love to get done before the kid comes out but because it requires setting up in the kitchen and moving everything out there it is going pretty slowly.  Ah well :)

5) Enjoy the day...get outside!  Today is BEAUTIFUL.  Hubs and I are going to a park later, gonna walk this kiddo out! :)


Really I think it is knowing that God's timing is best and just relaxing that makes the process easier, but I have a bad memory sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment