Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gotta Be Something More

I'm having one of those days.  I spent some time talking to God about it already.  Ya know, those days where you think is this it and am I doing it right?

Sometimes I wonder if, like the country song says there's gotta be something more, gotta be more than this.  And not in a discontent way.  I love being a wife, mom, working with teens.  I just wonder if I'm doing it right, good enough, am I the right woman for the job?

Do I love my kid in the right ways? Teaching her? Training her?
Do I show my husband love and respect in ways that are meaningful to him?
Do I invest enough time in the teens that I work with?
Do I demonstrate a godly lifestyle before them that I'm proud of?
    (and in a not ashamed of kind of way, not in a PROUD kind of way)
Do I love the people around me in real, tangible ways?

Do you ever have days like that?  Fortunately I know that God desires obedience and that being obedient means bringing Him glory.  So, I suppose my outlook should be...

Do I love my kid in a way that will point her toward the Lord?
Do I show my husband love and respect in a way that is honoring to God?
Do the teens see Christ in me as I work with them and live life in front of them?
Do people know that when they call me I will respond as Christ would respond?

Obviously the answer isn't yes to all the questions all the time - but at least I know that I have a goal to aim for and that there IS something more than just this earth.

1 comment:

  1. what makes you beautiful is...you care.

    you know what God wants, you know what you want, those are melting together and you're heading in the right direction.

    perfect. fallen. either.

    they are blessed to call you friend, wife, mother.

    ReplyDelete