Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My kid smells like sunshine.


What a weekend!  I feel like I spent most of my time outdoors.  It was fun!  (Again, totally NOT an outdoor person).  I ended up at my parent's house on Sunday - Grace swam, we ate dinner and played Mexican Train Dominoes.  Good times!

I think the pool at my house blew away.  My husband said he didn't throw it away but it is not in any logical place - and it is a giant 6ft blow up pool.  Ah well, got a new one for $10.  Actually, I got one that unrolls and the sides "magically" stand up...if you are buying a pool for this summer DEFINITELY go with the inflatable - works much better (unless you're pregnant and without an air pump...then do what you have to do!)  She has been outside and with sunscreen and sweating (our house is currently 82 degrees and the air has been on for 5 hours) - she smells like sunshine.  It is delightful.  I also now understand why as a kid my parents weren't super excited every time I wanted to lay on them or sit on their laps when it was 90 degrees outside...it's like creating an oven!  But she's cute and won't be little long...gotta do what I gotta do!

Work has been busy busy busy.  I'm excited about some new ministry outreach things we have coming up.  We've also got 15 teens attending church pretty regularly now so that has been awesome.  I'm excited that our new counseling space is almost complete too! 

I have decided this week that the world would be a better place if people just did what they said they were going to do.  I'm not an unreasonable person I think, I would just like it better if people followed through on their commitments.  Ah well, I guess that is part of living in this crazy world.

And on that note, I have 13 emails to answer...if I answer them all tonight Aaron will bring me home a frosty...actually, he'll probably do that anyway because he loves me.  Glucose test tomorrow - ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment