Friday, May 20, 2011

Psalm 46:10-11 Scripture and a Scratchpad #2

Psalm 46:10-11
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
     Why do I have such a hard time being still?  Why is it just not in me to relax in Him but always worrying about something - the house, the kiddos, the job, the whatever...I feel like SOMETHING is ALWAYS on my mind.  It frustrates me.  Even when I want to be still I feel like I still have a running to do list occupying at least a portion of my brain waves.
I will be exalted among the nations,
   I love that He is a universal God - He is known throughout the world, if I had the opportunity to meet Christians in any other city, state, country or continent He is known! 
I will be exalted in the earth.”
   I love that He will be lifted up.  I think about how I see people drag His name through the mud...how I drag His name through the mud...but He WILL be lifted up and glorified for who He is!
11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
   I am not alone.
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
   I have a protector.  A safe-haven.  I can run to Him and He is ALWAYS there to protect me and keep me safe.  He will not leave me, He will not fail.  He is not subject to the human-ness that we are.  He is above all that and He keeps His promises. 

Be still and know that HE is God!

No comments:

Post a Comment