Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursdays Top Ten #8

This has been such a productive week so far!

1) I am thankful that through all the storms my family is still intact and my house is still standing.

2) I'm thankful for slow mornings.  I woke up at 8:45 but stayed in bed until 9 because no one else in the house was up.  Grace spent the night awake singing in her crib, Aaron worked late so it takes him some time to unwind.  It is now noon and the only productive thing I've done is a trip to the grocery store...and of course think about my thankfuls!

3) I am thankful for my husband.  He is such an incredible, hardworking man and I love him!  I think it is amazing how he fights for what he believes, always makes me feel safe and protected and I love watching him with Grace!

4) I'm thankful for my new found hobby: sewing.  I've needed to do something constructive yet "mindless" to relax and sewing has been a perfect outlet.  I am still very much a beginner but quite happy with the two dresses that I've made: here and here.

5) I am thankful for a busy but "easy" work week.  I've had a lot to get done but haven't had to put out any fires or do anything crazy which is always a plus! :)

6) I'm thankful that I got all the supplies for my chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting (can we say obsessed?  I need to make these!!)

7) I'm thankful for a nice cool breeze today - it has been HOT here and it's nice for a break even though it means we are in the midst of storms.

8) I'm thankful for having some alone time last night.  Aaron worked and Grace spent some time at my parents house - it was nice to have some quiet...I do get some alone time on Fridays and Saturdays while Aaron works but only while Grace is asleep so I'm confined to the house :)

9) I am thankful for 28 weeks of pregnancy!  (And when baby is here I"m going to switch to XX weeks of life! Ha!)  This pregnancy has been MUCH easier than my first and I'm so excited to meet the BabyBop!  Yea!  Grace now points to my stomach regularly and says "baby"...she also pointed to my mom's stomach and said "baby" which didn't go over so well :)  (She also thinks my boobs are babies so that's gotta tell you something)

9.5) Miss Grace is going to be 2 years old in 16 weeks!  Where has the time gone?!?!?!?
10) I'm thankful for a kid who is almost always happy, a life that is almost always busy, a husband who is almost always willing to indulge my whims and a God who is ALWAYS on my side! 

Hope you all have a great Thursday and rest of the week!

**Note: Things that help productivity: child staying awake longer and taking a 3 hour nap.
Things that don't help productivity: patterns online so I can pick out my next two sewing projects and fantasize about going fabric shopping.

Got some thankfuls?  Link up:




1 comment:

  1. i can't believe she'll be 2---i mean---wow, where has the time gone?

    you're so awesome that you can sew--- someday i'll learn!

    ReplyDelete