Sunday, May 22, 2011

Modified Pillow Case Dress!

This was my first attempt at a "modified" pillow case dress.  If you aren't familiar with those, essentially you cut the pillowcase to length and just "finish" the top leaving everything else alone.  I figured it would be easy enough to sew two rectangles together and hem it so I went with fabric I liked instead.  This also allowed me to control the width better. 

I used a combination of two websites and their versions as well as one of my daughter's dresses for measurements.  The top part is elastic (used to be as wide as the bottom).

1 Yard of Fabric (I used 1/2 yard for her size)
Rick Rack (which is just a silly name)
1/2 Elastic
and of course thread, pins and patience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment