Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mud and Mire

Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
and put their trust in him.


I'm not a patient person.  I really don't like things that take time...I'm a starter not a finisher.  I know that about myself, it's ok :)  I wonder if I frustrate God sometimes.  When He says "I have this for you to do, but you have to be patient" and I say "sounds cool, but only if it is right now."  I wish I were more like Mary "let it be to me as you have said".  I mean, how cool is it that she was called "greatly favored"...I mean, what must her life have looked like? 

Then here I am, fresh out of my slimy pit - getting cleaned up...in a process...that takes awhile.  Maybe, although I occasionally dip my toes back into the pit, I'm not doing too bad getting through the process.  I have a firm place to stand...and a song of praise to sing on my journey.  Maybe that is what keeps us on process, the knowledge that He holds us and in turn we rejoice with Him.

I don't know, I hope that many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in Him.  I hope they see past the uglies in my life and the muck that I'm still cleaning up and see who I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment